Fixing roof damage fast after strong winds
High wind can cause shingles to blow off. Missing shingles or damage to your roof can leave your home vulnerable to leaks and other damage inside. Some wind damage can be hard to spot. If you think that you have roof damage caused by wind, contact ARAC Roof It Forward, your local professional roofing contractor for help.
We offer free estimates on all roof repairs and replacements
Get In Touch With Your Professional Contractor
Precautions for when your roof has wind damage
ll shingles have wind coverage. If the wind load that caused your roof damage was above the manufacturer's wind warranty, you'll need to file a roof claim with your insurance company. If the wind load was below the wind coverage, you should contact your shingle manufacturer to file a claim. In either case, it's important to have roof damage fixed immediately. The longer you wait, the more damage and expenses you might have. Climbing on your roof to inspect the damage yourself isn't recommended. ARAC Roof It Forward has the tools and equipment to safely check your roof for damage.
Signs of wind damage
- Missing shingles or tiles
- Curled, cracked or torn shingles
- Debris, such as tree branches, on the roof deck
- Horizontal lines where granules were worn off beneath the shingle above; a sign that the shingle seal was broken and the shingle was flapping in the wind rubbing against the shingle above it
- Stains and peeling paint on walls and ceilings; water, rotting or mold in the attic could indicate a leak