Your gutters can easily be forgotten about. However, your gutter system is an integral part of keeping your home and roof safe. This important role causes the need for regular cleaning and maintenance. Continue reading to learn more about cleaning and maintaining the gutters in your home.
- Cracks and splits will allow water to seep through and cause damage to the fascia boards that connect your gutters to your roof, your shingles, and your foundation. Any split or cracked sections need to be replaced.
- Any peeling paint or spots of rust are signs that there is water overflowing out of your gutters so check for any clogs and repair the damaged piece of gutter.
- Pools of water near your foundation and any mold or mildew growth are other signs of the overflow of water. First, check for any clogs that could be causing the overflow. If the problem continues, the gutter and downspout should be replaced.
- Any signs of water damage on the exterior of your house are a sign that there is a leak in your gutters or they are overflowing. This can result in a repair or replacement depending on the cause.
- Sagging gutters could be caused by a multitude of reasons. The main solution is to have the gutters replaced.
To perform the maintenance, you can hire a roofing company for annual maintenance inspections. They will be able to check for any possible issues and make a repair or replacement before extensive damage is caused.
Your gutter system is an essential part of your roof and requires regular cleaning and maintenance. Our team at Roof It Forward offers a free video roof inspection to make sure all elements of your roof are in good shape, including your gutter system. We also offer gutter screens and helmets. Schedule your free inspection today.