Wood roofing gives your home a unique look
Cedar shakes and shingles have been used for hundreds of years. They have proven their longevity in actual weather conditions, in all types of climates. Cedar shakes help produce a roof that is visually appealing, with a rustic look that is so popular that other roofing products, such as clay and concrete tiles, have versions that are made to look like cedar shakes.
At ARAC Roof It Forward, we install high-quality cedar shake roofing to give your home a beautiful, unique appearance that will last for years to come. Our cedar shakes are designed to withstand all types of weather and ensure your home is completely protected.
Get In Touch With Your Professional Contractor
Why choose cedar shake roofing
Wooden roofs can be surprisingly long-lasting and cedar is no exception. Cedar shakes come at a higher cost than asphalt shingle roofing, but the investment usually lasts a lifetime. When properly installed and maintained, cedar shakes are fantastic roofing option.
Here are some of the advantages associated with cedar shakes:
- Strong: The Western red cedar is one of the strongest woods in the world. Additionally, cedar wood has a very low shrinkage rate. That means it installs easily, lying flat and straight, and tends to hold nails very tightly over time.
- Resistant: Cedar contains natural preservatives that resist not only insects but moisture as well, which is the greatest enemy of a wooden roofing product. By resisting moisture, cedar is less likely to decay and can be used in different climates throughout the country.
- Natural insulation: Cedarwood is able to provide a strong layer of insulation on a home which leads to cooler temperatures inside in the summer and retained warmth in the winter.
- Good-looking: Cedar shakes are a popular choice, in part, because of the distinctive look that the cedar wood provides. Early on, cedar shakes have a honey or cinnamon hue. Over time, that transforms into a silvery gray that many homeowners find equally attractive.
- Long-lasting: If installed properly, cedar shakes can last for up to 40 years. Not only do cedar shakes naturally resist moisture and insects, but cedar wood also has a natural preservative that helps to block out the UV rays of the sun. Additionally, many manufacturers coat cedar shakes with a fire resistant product.
- Resale value: Because of the many advantages of cedar, homes with cedar shakes tend to sell more easily, particularly if the roof is fairly new. The potential new owner knows the cedar is resistant to many of the problems that can shorten the life of other wood roofs, and can expect many years without the expense of a new roof.